6 Weeks Home

We've been home 6 weeks.  We've had the boys 8 and 9 weeks.  Is that really all?  We've lived so much life with them over these couple of months, it's easy to forget how short our time has been together.

Daily, we see new things they do that remind us that they did, indeed have years of life before we entered into it.   Sometimes, it's something adorable such as the way Travis will dance or put on a hat, then salute or do what looks to us like slow Tai Chi.  We didn't teach him any of that!  Sometimes it's sad, such as when this same child shows a look of terror when he does something he thinks is wrong.  These events make us wish we had a video of their life we could play back now and then.

We had a few firsts this weekend!  I went to work for the first time in almost 4 years.  I should say "went to work in Texas for the first time" because I did work out of state last summer.  Anyway, it was nice to get out and work again. I'm so thankful that my husband encouraged me to do it.  I never would have gone it otherwise.  My working for 10 hours over two days led to our other, more exciting first.  When Ken left for the grocery store last night, Tian stood at the top of the stairs and cried, reaching out for Ken.  Even my picking him up and hugging him didn't help.  He tried to wiggle out of my arms to get to his daddy.  And I could not have been more thrilled!

Both boys are zooming along very fast on their Strider bikes.  Here they were their first week:

Here they are just a couple of weeks later:

In other news, the boys now actually like each other.  They are still a bit competitive when it comes to me or Ken or a particular toy, but otherwise, they are playing together, hugging, laughing, and enjoying each other.

Travis has no less than 100 words and adds more all the time.  Tian is probably up to at least 50 words and is also verbalizing some words. One of the lastest phrases they sign is "SEE SOON" when family leaves the house.  From what we can tell, they truly understand that "SEE SOON" means that we ARE coming back.  When I left for work this weekend, they stood out at the balcony, looking down to me and signing "SOON. SOON. SOON."  Tian will say it, sounding like zi-zooooon.

See you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Review: Maya Chan Beach Resort In Costa Maya, Mexico

Travis Update Ending 2013

2022 Year In Review