- My husband, who has been my partner in life, worthy leader, loved daddy of my kids, and best friend for the past 15 years and will be from now through eternity.
- Hannah, our firstborn who is sensitive, helpful, and soft-hearted.
- Mackenzie, our little pixie girl, who is delightful, happy, and obedient.
- TJ, now our oldest son, who is ALL boy, but still loves his momma and isn't afraid to show it.
- Travis, who we first saw in picture one year ago this week. We only knew him as XE1010.8.2, but now he's 100% our son! He's a joy, constantly smiling, being silly, and smarter than we ever could have imagined.
- Tian, our little guy who started it all and rocked our world forever. He's such a delight, full of giggles and singing.
- The fact that my kids truly like being around each other and Ken and me. Lord, may that continue throughout adolescence!
- The adoption, a miracle in itself. If you don't believe me, go back and read from the beginning.
- Our social worker, whom we've grown to love.
- CCAI, our agency. We couldn't have asked for better guides through the entire process.
- CCCWA and the Chinese people, government, country who graciously allowed us to enter their country and bring home two of their precious children.
- Both boys' birthparents, for choosing life and well-being for their boys.
- Tian's foster mom and family.
- Both boys' many aunties and uncles who helped care for them for their first years.
- The China trip and that our 3 Brownies were able to travel with us.
- The miracle that we all five got TO China together and that all seven of us got BACK to the USA together flying standby! Even the flight attendants were astounded!
- The Deaf friends we were able to meet in China.
- The sale of our house earlier this year. It was on the market three months and we've seen some houses in our area on the market an entire year.
- Our new place we've been calling home for the past six months.
- The funds we needed (Nearly $45,000) to bring our boys home. Miraculous.
- The generous grant from JSC Foundation and the new friend who followed the Holy Spirit's leading to tell me about it.
- The people who gave sacrificially to help us, whether it was a meal, a crib, clothes for the boys, $50 or $1000. Our friends and even friends of friends and family astounded us with their selflessness.
- For the friend who made it possible for us to afford flying our kids with us to China.
- Our church, where God put us at just the right time.
- Our church, for providing a special classroom for the boys as well as Mrs. Courtney for making the drive to our campus just to be with our boys so Ken and I can attend church.
- Our Deaf ministry group and our new home group. We've prayed for this for the past four years and God has proved Himself faithful yet again.
- The FAM (Foster and Adopt Ministry) group of ladies at church. I love them even though I've only gotten together with them a couple of times.
There is so much more I could list, from extended family, to food and clean water, to friends and health and abundance. God, may I use it for Your glory and never forget to thank You for all of it.
If this isn't enough, we kept a detailed prayer request page here on this blog. I've left it up because I never want to forget how God provided for us over and over and over again.
May I keep the attitude of these three guys from the book of Daniel. They chose to serve God regardless of God's action in the moment. They knew God was good regardless of circumstances.
"Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up.” (Daniel 3, emphasis mine.)