Maya Chan Beach Resort A Great Way to Spend a Port Day! In a Nutshell Do yourself a favor and go. Just go. My bet is that you will not regret it. It’s the relaxing day you may not have realized you needed. The location is dreamy. The staff are kind and attentive. The owners have set it up to make it very comfortable and stress-free for the guests. Just go. Video Review in ASL Getting There and Back The walk is a bit of a trek, but the people at Maya Chan send you a very clear map and instructions. If you look at Google Maps satellite or the picture below, you’ll see that the port dock is long. Great for taking photos, though! We walked quickly through the maze of shops without stopping, following the instructions and photos from Maya Chan and found the spot with no problem. They were waiting with a covered area and some seats while we signed a form, then got on the taxis to head over. You may read about the bumpy ride. ...
In the last couple of weeks, we've seen a lot of the "What Society Thinks I Do" and "What I Really Do" posters. We've seen them for lawyers, homeschoolers, interpreters, Mormans, and just about any other people group you can think of. Ken and I decided to make one entitled "Deaf." Without even thinking about it, the poster ended up with photos of men only. It was quickly brought to our attention, so we made another one with women*. The real issue is, I could have filled 100 posters with photos of Deaf people in a wide range of roles. Ken and I are thinking about creating one. Here are a few of the people that come to mind. Who would you add? I know there are SO many more. This was just my initial list off the top of my head. If you think of someone, let me know in the comments section and, if you can, link me to their website or some online photo o...
Sculpture Falls Shallow water, perfect for the littles and the dogs. Over the past couple of weeks, so many friends have been asking about these two swimming holes, I decided to post a blog complete with maps and tips. Sculpture Falls is our favorite swimming hole so far, and we've been to many in the area: Jacob's Well, Twin Falls, Barton Springs, Deep Eddy, San Marcos' Rio Vista Dam. Sculpture Falls is our favorite for several reasons: crystal clear water, a couple of diving spots, wading in the shallow pools, sitting under the falls, and great snorkeling. The "sculpture" part of Sculpture Falls. See the ledge downstream to the right? Perfect place for jumping into deeper waters. (Always check depth before jumping, as it changes with the rains.) The first map shows the two possible ways in to Sculpture Falls. The purple route is what I like to call the Hell Hike. I'll review that hike first: I snapped this on the way down to the w...
Comments
Post a Comment