- We are sending off our I-800 paperwork to our agency by tomorrow. This event was accompanied by a $720 fee we were not expecting, so have had to do a bit of juggling to get that on it's way.
- We are sending a supplement 3 to CIS in order to reflect our new address. Prayers are being sent up requesting that it doesn't delay our paperwork at all.
- We have filled out all 5 visa applications and will begin processing those as soon as we get a few more travel details.
- No recent updates on the boys. My soul needs an update on them, but we've already received so much more than many adoptive families, so I'm truly grateful. It's been 8 months since we first laid eyes on a photo of Tian and 4 months that we've known of Travis. If all goes as planned, we should have them in our arms in 3 months.
- We're thanking God for a possible grant opportunity. We're also overwhelmingly thankful to our church family for making time to interview us and take the steps we needed to complete our grant application. We have only been members of this church for a month and we know the pastors are already stretched thin, so it meant so much for the pastor over the new Deaf ministry to take time to sit and interview us.
- Yesterday, we were told by our agent that a family plans to make an offer today. It's nearing 5pm and we haven't gotten word yet. We've also heard this before, so have tried for the past 24 hours to balance excitement and cynicism. I keep chanting that "my hope is in the Lord" to remind myself that my boys, my joy nor my sanity relies on what happens with this house.
- Friday, we took the price way down, even below what we paid for it 4 years ago. Since we did well with the housing market in Las Vegas, we had some "wiggle room", but no more! We're at the end of our wiggly rope and are praying this couple does, indeed, make an offer today.
Your comments on facebook mean so much to Ken, the kids and me. We get more comments there than here on the blog (maybe because it's easier), but if you are able to leave a comment here, please do! I'm asking because your kind words will be something we will share with the boys when we tell their adoption story. I can't access old comments easily on facebook as I have no control over what they do with the content. On this blog, however, your comments are saved and accessed easily as the story unfolds. Either way, your prayers, comments and encouragement mean the world to us!
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11