Wondering, Waiting, and Not Worrying



If you don’t know the story of the Chapman family, it’s worth learning.
MBHOH is in a city just 85 miles from Tian’s and in his province, Henan.


These are the days I wish I was prophetic.  How nice it would be to see into the future; to know how God was working this out and what was going to happen.
Things we are wondering about at this moment and how my dialogue with God looks:
  • When will we sell this house?
  • Will we sell it in time to fund the adoption?
  • If not, how will You work this out?
  • Is it truly Your will that we sell this house?
  • What’s up with the apartment we have planned to move in to? It’s disappeared off the face of the internet.  ?? Seems under new management.  Can this be good for us? Bad for us? No difference to us?
  • Will our dossier be ready to send to China after Chinese New Year (CNY) on Feb 3rd?
  • How long before we get travel approval?
  • Do the boys have any clue we are coming for them?
  • Are they okay? Safe? Warm? Well-fed?
See, I trust God, but still find myself pre-planning the scenarios in my mind.  I assume I just might know how God’s going to work things out.  As if He might need my help.
All I can do is read, remember and pray.  These are just a few of the ways He answers:
Colossians 1:16
For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.
John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
Psalm 139:13-16
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
 Proverbs 14
1 The wisest of women builds her house,
but folly with her own hands tears it down.
12 There is a way that seems right to a man,
but its end is the way to death.
Deuteronomy 1
30 The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, 31 and in the wilderness. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place.”
 32 In spite of this, you did not trust in the LORD your God, 33 who went ahead of you on your journey, in fire by night and in a cloud by day, to search out places for you to camp and to show you the way you should go.
 34 When the LORD heard what you said, he was angry and solemnly swore: 35 “No one from this evil generation shall see the good land I swore to give your ancestors, 36 except Caleb son of Jephunneh. He will see it, and I will give him and his descendants the land he set his feet on, because he followed the LORD wholeheartedly.”
(LORD, I will follow you wholeheartedly.  Don’t let me stop!)
Psalm 9:10
10 Those who know your name trust in you, 
   for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.
Psalm 56:3-4
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. 
 In God, whose word I praise—
Matthew 6:27
Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Review: Maya Chan Beach Resort In Costa Maya, Mexico

Travis Update Ending 2013

2022 Year In Review