Anti-Entry

This is an anti-entry because I really don't have anything specific to say, but have a LOT on my mind.

We are waiting for TA.  We're at the official "earliest" we could get it, so the jitters have hit!  God has worked everything out in His timing.  I trust that and am also letting Him know the DEEP desire of our heart...to get TA tomorrow!!  That would truly be amazing.  The rest of our fellow waiting families are as giddy as we are and also hoping (and shaving body parts/pets, and soaking Reeses peanut butter cups in rum, etc) with anticipation for the TA news.  It's nice to have people with whom we can wait.  I hope we get to meet at least some of them in real life.

On another note, I took the kids and a couple of their friends to see Kung Fu Panda 2.  We loved it!  I could totally see why some adoptive parents cringed over a few parts, but overall it was very good.  We all agreed it was better than the first.  We're looking forward to the inevitable KFP3.

If you're curious how I felt the movie handled the adoption issue, I think blogger Malinda said it best here.  Yep, I got teary-eyed during the same scene.  I should add that I loved how they used the "paper" technique at the beginning of the movie.  And they worked in a little Chinese history regarding the invention of fireworks.  The fireworks also represent the truth that "things" aren't evil in and of themselves, but how people choose to use those things can be evil or beneficial or neutral.

Also related to Kung Fu Panda, this movie has extra-special meaning to us because of the Kung Fu.  Tian is from what is known as the "birthplace of Kung Fu".  We plan to visit the Shaolin Temple while in Zhengzhou.

Students of the kungfu school perform renowned shaolin kungfu (martial art) at the Shaolin Temple in Dengfeng, central China's Henan Province, April 23, 2008. The 1500-year-old Shaolin Temple is regarded as the birthplace of Chinese kungfu. Its rich history and culture and extraordinary kungfu performance attract numerous tourists from home and abroad every year.
Kung Fu Demo at Shaolin Temple (photo from Xinhuanet)
Finally, I have bronchitis.  After having a sore throat and cough on and off for the past 2 weeks, then after feeling SO worn down all day yesterday, I decided to go see the doc.  Part of me thought the fatigue was just emotions related to our upcoming trip.  At times, I feel so overwhelmed with the impending changes and my to-do list that I freeze up and feel like I can't get anything accomplished.  So when I felt sick and tired yesterday, I figured it was just that again.  I feel better knowing that it's truly illness and not just that I'm going nuts.  Well... hmm.... Don't comment about that, okay?

Comments

  1. So ready to hear your TA has arrived. it will come just when it is supposed to. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Donna from the CCAIWC board :) We adopted Dylan last November from Luoyang and Lainey from Bengbu, Anhui back in 2008. I came across your blog today from your post on the board. Love it, you write so well! Hoping that TA comes for you tomorrow!
    Donna
    www.handsful.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. TA! TA! TA! TA! I have out my pom pons and am cheering for TA! Come on!!!

    It would be such a blessing for you to travel with the CCAI WCP families. Our friends are arriving home tonight from China with their little girl and they say it has been such a huge blessing to have the other CCAI families there. Even if it is just to see a familiar face while walking through the hotel lobby, or have dinner with another family going through exactly the same thing.

    It will be hot when you travel. Have to figure out how to pack the rum-soaked peanut butter cups so they don't melt...

    ((hugs)),
    chris

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Review: Maya Chan Beach Resort In Costa Maya, Mexico

Travis Update Ending 2013

2022 Year In Review